The Monument of Eternal Glory at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Kiev is a monument in honor of the soldiers who died in the Great Patriotic War, created according to the design of Abraham Miletsky (also known for his projects such as: Salyut Hotel, Kiev Crematorium, memory park at the Baikovo cemetery, Landscape alley and others). Located in the center of Park of Eternal Glory. Opened on November 6, 1957.
The monument is an obelisk 27 meters high. At the foot of the obelisk, on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Eternal Flame burns. The Alley of Heroes leads to the obelisk, to which 35 military graves have been transferred from the Baikovo and Lukyanovsky cemeteries, Askoldova grave, from some parks and squares of the city (including one – the Unknown Soldier from the Lyutezh bridgehead). Military men of different ranks – from sergeant major to colonel general – fought with the enemy on the territory of Ukraine, the majority distinguished themselves in the battles for Kyiv. Among them are 12 Heroes of the Soviet Union. In 1984-1985, on the eve of the 40th anniversary of the Victory, the monument was reconstructed. Next to the obelisk there is an observation platform and a monument to the Soviet pilot Ivan Kozhedub, who flew 330 combat missions and 120 air battles in which he shot down 64 enemy aircraft.